Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Poem: Gaining a Loss

Gaining a Loss

I got a fear that everything I have I'll lose,
I guess I don't understand, must be confused.
There's a reason I'm scared,
The trust I gave was abused and misused.
This is why I've become so hesitant.
Another reason for the story to get all bent.
Another stab to the back then you repent.
It's like a sister can't get a breath to vent.
Yeah.
And now you acting as if it's in the past.
Like it's a memory I have, that definitely shouldn't last.
But I'm not passed the past,
Obviously you can see...
That's why you be asking, "Why you always questioning me?"
I'm scared to lose everything I've gained,
My heart, My love, the healing of the pain.
The sun I've pulled out through the rain.
Yeah.
Am I insane?
Thinking that it'll all happen again.
Our relationship be happy but looking like a pigpen.
I guess, till then...
I'll trust like you request.
Put the past to the back, and stop being obsessed.
Thinking that every move you make needs to be assessed.
I'm hoping you realize that our family is blessed.
And that I'm trying to trust again, and become impressed.
Cuz as I addressed, it's not easy to trust.
I'm hoping you won't chance our love again for lust.
Cause the trust,
I gave was abused and misused.
I'll no longer act as if I'm confused.
This time I'll act as if I have nothing to lose.
I've got nothing to prove, and everything to defend.
I gained from the rain,
And now I can LOVE again.


No comments: