Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Living For Today ♥

I was debating on whether I should go to sleep or not... but I decided to write down a few things that have been running through my head.

The past couple of days I have had alot going on in my life. And when I say ALOT, it is truly an understatement. I've cried, I've laughed, I've been rather amused... but all in all I've realized that there is nothing more a person can do but live for today.

I have tried so often to hold onto the past, guarding my future from my previous errors and mistakes. But its unnecessary. Holding tightly onto your past hinders your future, and any chance you have of ever being completely happy. You learn lessons from your past, you fall and get back up, but these lessons were never intended to hold you back they were intended to make you stronger. The difference is cherishing your past and the memories that have made you who you are today. Cherishing the people who've stumbled in and out of your life. Because if your forever holding onto the past... you'll never reach your future.

Another realization I have come to, is to stop planning for the future. Life is never guaranteed. There is an end, and nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow. So stop taking things so seriously, planning ahead, putting a title on things that are unnecessary, and trying to please the people in our society. Do what pleases you now in this very moment. This is not to say don't glimpse ahead to the future. It is merely stating, having an obsession with your future is unhealthy. Your constantly looking towards the future, looking to be happy, looking to have this and that... live for today, look for it now. Problems come and go, but happiness, happiness is the one you wanna keep around. If we're happy today, chances are we will be happy tomorrow.

Simply take it one day at a time ♥
Today is the day to start. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww so well said!

I've always been one that looks ahead too often... I don't hold onto my past really but I am ALWAYS planning planning planning... dreaming about what next week, next month, next year are all going to be like. I need to stop! :)

You're so right... if you're happy today you'll probably be happy tomorrow. Just don't worry about whether or not you will be... just let it happen!